Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rob Brezsny's Libra Horoscope for week of May 19, 2011

When it's flood season, the Amazon River rises as much as 60 feet. At that time, the adjoining forests earn their name -- varzea, a Portuguese word meaning "flooded forests." The river's fish wander far and wide, venturing into the expanded territory to eat fruit from the trees. In the coming weeks, Libra, I imagine you'll be like those fish: taking advantage of the opportunities provided by a natural windfall.

*
SACRED ADVERTISEMENT
I love this excerpt from "The Seeker," a poem by Rilke in his Book of Hours (translated by Robert Bly): "I am circling around God, around the ancient tower, / and I have been circling for a thousand years, / and I still don't know if I am a falcon, or a storm, / or a great song." Here's my own permutation: "I am circling around love, around the throbbing hum, and I have been circling for thousands of days, and I still don't know if I am a wounded saint, or a rainy dawn, or a creation story."

Compose your own version.

(Get your own horoscope at http://www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/allsigns.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment