Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lots going on

So many things are going on these days it is difficult to know where to begin. I guess I should start by saying that I have a job! Yippppeeee! Its nothing amazing, I'm working at Lowe's, but it should be fun and will hopefully help pay the bills. Assuming I don't leave my paycheck in the store!
Secondly, I had a really great meeting with a professor in the Women's and Gender Studies department at VT. I'm considering trying to get into grad school in the Sociology department go for my Masters with a concentration in Women's and Gender Studies. Right now, I'm not certain I have the GPA to get accepted, but we'll see what happens by next Fall. They only accept people into the program in the Fall, and I doubt I can get in for August. Maybe I should talk to the director of Grad Studies in Sociology. Maybe I could start this fall, that would be insane! Regardless, there is a possibility that I'll get to tell my story to the Intro classes this Fall and Spring. I'm really excited to think about that. I love speaking in front of groups, especially when I know what I'm talking about, so, this should be great. I really hope that it works out that I can.
Third, I've been attempting to catch up on some DIY projects. Still trying to get the outside faucet to not leak. May have to call in the plumber (my cousin) and get some outside help. Its leaking at the connections, not at the fittings. I don't know how to better explain it. So it either means I need to tighten the screw fittings, or loosen them or remove the teflon tape or something. I don't know. Also still trying to figure out why I have internet access, but not phone abilities via the land line. Makes no sense to me. Maybe my phone is fried! I think I'm just going to cancel my phone service and then it won't matter. I don't think it will save me any money, but it might. Other than that, just your routine stuff like mowing the lawn, still planting roses, laundry, etc.
Update on my transition is about the same. The acne is getting much worse. My chest looks like I have chicken pox! Thankfully, it seems to be centrally located there, although my face is definitely oilier than it used to be. I also think I'm sweating more, but maybe not. Aside from that, I'm fairly certain that my voice is some lower, which is shocking, because that usually takes longer. The bad news is that I'm still having a period and the worst PMS of my life. My menstrual cycle was the one thing that I REALLY wanted to change immediately, and it isn't cooperating. Maybe this is the last one! I may be starting to get some peach fuzz on my face. I swear my upper lip is fuzzier, but it is all blonde hair that you can't really see unless you are 3 inches from my face. I also thing I'm getting more peach fuzz on my cheeks and sideburn area. But, again, blonde, can't really tell unless you are 2 inches from my face in really good lighting.
I did come out to my HR Manager as trans today. Told her that Ellen was still the okay name, but Aaron will be preferred later on. I'm hoping that I can switch from Seasonal to PT when school starts and then get benefits and change my name and hours and all that stuff. Who knows.
On a totally different subject, I've been doing lots and lots of thinking about my relationship with Mara, how it really was, how it ended, if it is ever going anywhere from here. I've done lots of reading of old e-mails, both that she sent and that I sent. There is a lot there that I'd tried to ignore or at least not consider that I really needed to be reminded of. I don't want to go into all of it right now, because I'm still processing it. When I started writing this blog I told myself that I would try to write on the fly and not pre-write whenever possible. This, I think, needs to be pre-written, re-read, modified, etc. There is just a whole lot there that I need to muddle through. In some good news, one of Mara's closest friends actually bantered with me on Facebook a few days ago. It made my day. SBJ is someone that I really respect, admire and care for. It has impressed me that she has remained my friend when so many of Mara's other friends have walked away. I felt compelled to tell her thank you because I felt sincere joy and thankfulness to be acknowledged publicly, as it were. I hope that in time she and I can be friends again. I'm not saying bffs, but at least not afraid to say hello if we run into each other in the store, maybe have a little conversation, etc. Just saying that I'd like to reach that point with a lot of the people that I have lost over the months.
Beyond that, its all been about the same. Hopefully, I'll get more stuff done tomorrow (since apparently I haven't been taken off to Paradise via the Rapture), maybe figure out my plumbing issue, maybe get the last of the roses planted, maybe some tomatoes too. (Anyone need any tomato plants? I have lots, I'll share!) And maybe, I'll even do some writing and share the things I'm thinking about relationships and endings and whatever happens next. I don't know. As I said, still processing. Regardless, I hope you all have a great Sunday. Enjoy the weather!

1 comment: