Friday, April 15, 2011

Transformation begins today

Happy Trans Birthday to me!
After much drama I finally went to the pharmacy to pick up my Testosterone. I say there was drama because when I arrived the woman getting out of the car next to me was my Aunt Betty. Now, although I'm willing to be 'out', I didn't necessarily want to explain my transition while picking up my Testosterone at the local pharmacy. So, I did the cowardly thing, and hid until she was safely inside. Then went for a short drive. When I returned, she was gone and I was able to purchase my T without incident. Nice low price. My only issue is that the syringes only have one needle on them, so I can't change needles before injecting myself. Oh well.
So I get home and I'm very excited to do my first injection. However..... I discovered that there wasn't a drop of alcohol in the house! Makes it a little difficult to sterilize things. However, I did have an alcohol containing wipe and betadine. so I wiped the top of the vial with the wipe and then used the wipe with betadine to clean my thigh. The injection went smooth as silk. Didn't hurt at all. Missed all the blood vessels. No bleeding. No big deal!
So, shopping list now includes as sharps container, alcohol and cotton balls or alcohol prep pads and needles, if I can find them. (I'm going to swing by the feed store and see if they have any 23ga needles, I'd even take a 22ga)
So, tonight I'm going out to dinner with the VT LGBT Caucus, I'm hoping to get my hair cut before I go. Should be a fun evening, and I can stop by Walmart on the way home to get the needed supplies for future injections. I know I don't need them for another 2 weeks, but I might as well get them while I'm thinking about it. Otherwise the day will come and I'll still not have them!
Welcome to the world Aaron Christopher!

1 comment:

  1. Well congratulations & happy "birth"day! George does a great job helping folks get a good price on their meds. Glad he turned out to be your best deal. I do believe Harmon's has what you're looking for... Be well, A.

    ReplyDelete