Saturday, April 2, 2011

I have not been disowned

I just got off the phone with my Mom. The conversation started like all of our normal conversations, a little talk about the weather, what she and Dad did today, etc. Then she says "I read the letter you left for us".
Then she says "you are my child and I love you and you have to make your own decisions. Just think long and hard about this one."
I informed her that I've been thinking about this for 12 years. And she just said "OK, that's all I'm going to say".
I'm shocked and amazed and ever so thankful. I apparently get to keep my house. They are still going to bring me a load of mulch on Wednesday. And I guess Mom is still going to help me with last years medical bills! WOW! I do have amazing parents.
Countdown to the Dr - 10 DAYS!

1 comment:

  1. Aaron, I am so proud of you! Writing and leaving a letter was not a cop-out. You allowed your parents to take in some astonishingly huge news while giving them time to consider things in a quiet manner.

    More power to you.

    ReplyDelete