Friday, April 29, 2011

Step 2, or "Am I getting a beer gut?"

This morning was my second injection of T. I swear it seems like forever since the first injection! I was considering changing my dose to half and doing every week as I wanted to see if it would minimize the side-effects, and also make it seem like less time between shots (obviously). Decided not to mess with it and see what happens. The shot was slightly more painful this time, I think I must have touched a nerve. It wasn't bad, just a slight burning sensation and a little bit of an achy feeling. Seems to have passed now. I've also only had a slight amount of the nasty taste in my mouth, so I'm either getting used to it or I'm not having the same reaction, which would be great either way!
I also noticed that I seem to have a bit more 'belly fat' than I thought I had the other day. I was told that my fat would migrate to the more 'male appropriate' places, but I wasn't sure how that would happen or how long it would take. I swear I'm imagining things! But, perhaps I am getting a bit of the 'beer gut', which means more cardio and more gym time! I definitely need to go to the gym ASAP anyway. I haven't been once this month. I also need to start being more aware of what I'm eating, less fat, less carbs (especially empty carbs) and more protein. Not saying I'm going all Adkins or anything, I just need to be more aware. I did buy a dumbbell yesterday, so that I can at least work on my arms when I'm home. I want the saggy old-lady triceps to be things of the past! I also want to lose about 30 more pounds, but we'll see how that goes.
In other news, the weather is much colder today and the wind is still whistling outside, which makes me not want to plant more roses. (I'm still hoping that they'll grow a little more inside before I take them out. I'd like for them to prove they are no longer dormant and have some root growth before they have to take on the hard packed soil of my front lawn). AND, my phone is still not working, so if anyone needs to contact me, you'll have to call my cell.
Well, time for the mundane tasks of laundry and dishes. UGH. Hope everyone has a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment