Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Decisions

Right now my life is just a series of potentially life altering decisions. I have two job opportunities, they would both pay the same, are both a relatively short commute and would be good. One is in a field I know and love, but would be less flexible for classes, the other has the potential to suck but would probably be more flexible. Which do I choose?
Then we have school. I could try to get accepted to USC's online program for a MSW to start this fall. Then it wouldn't matter as much that my hours are less flexible. But, I've already signed up for classes at VT and some of them really have my love and attention. There is no way I can do both (just don't have the money or the time).
I have a webinar to answer questions about USC later today, I should probably go and take my pee test for work, but I think I can push that until tomorrow and be fine. If the webinar answers my questions about how the courses are run, how they are graded, etc. I may try to get in for starting in October. It would make it so I would be finished earlier. Then I could try to get the other position that isn't a sure thing, but I know I would enjoy. If the webinar makes the whole online MSW thing seem like pure insanity, then I take the sure thing, go pee in a cup tomorrow and hope for the best.
In the mean time I have to find the energy to clean the kitchen before it is declared a hazardous waste zone and condemned. The rest of the house also needs an overhaul, but is less urgent.
It also seems that there may be a possibility that I can clear up the 'unofficial withdrawal' from VT without having to pay anything, or at least without having to pay as much. Keep your fingers crossed, I'll find out in July.
Now I just have to find money to eat and we'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment