Thursday, May 3, 2012

Realizations

Last night I drove home from an outing with friends and classmates in Blacksburg.  I had been listening to Sara Bareilles on the drive over and back.  The one song that kept popping up and reminding me of the ex was "Say You're Sorry".  I realized that I'm still looking for an apology that I will probably never get.
And then.....
Earlier today I had the opportunity to watch a recorded performance of my ex reading a poem she wrote.  I took advantage of the opportunity and realized a couple of things.
1.  She's not as beautiful as I remember
2.  My heart didn't go pitter patter at the sound of her voice
3.  My poems are better
4.  I'm better off without her
and (this is the best one)
5.  I'm free

I just thought I would share.  Looking forward to better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment